- Dann S and Eagar T, Classifying the narrated #selfie: Genre typing human branding activity on Instagram, European Journal of Marketing,
- Brunner, M., Hemsley, B., Palmer, S., Dann, S., & Togher, L. (2015). Review of the literature on the use of social media by people with traumatic brain injury (TBI). Disability and rehabilitation, 37(17), 1511-1521.
- Hemsley, B., Dann, S., Palmer, S., Allan, M., & Balandin, S. (2015). ““We definitely need an audience”: Experiences of Twitter, Twitter Networks, and tweet content in adults with severe communication disabilities who use augmentative and alternative communication (AAC). Invited manuscript, Disability & Rehabilitation Special Issue ‘Social Media and Communication Disability
- Hemsley, B., & Dann, S. (2014). Social media and social marketing in relation to Facilitated Communication: Harnessing the affordances of social media for knowledge translation. Evidence-Based Communication Assessment and Intervention, Vol. 8, Iss. 4, 2014
- Dann, S (2010) Twitter content classification, First Monday, 15 (12)- 6 December 2010, http://firstmonday.org/htbin/cgiwrap/bin/ojs/index.php/fm/article/viewArticle/2745/2681
- Dann, S. and Dann, S (1998) “Cybercommuning: Global Village Halls,” Advances in Consumer Research, Vol. 25:379-385 (6 citations)
- Dann, S. and Graham, P. (1996) “The Internet: A Potential Promotional Medium for Smoking” Accountability and Performance, 2(1).
- Dann S. (2015) Benchmarking microblog performance: Twitter Content Classification Framework in Burkhalter, Janée N. and Natalie T. Wood (Eds.). Maximizing commerce and marketing strategies through micro blogging. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Dann S. (2015) Twitter Data Acquisition and Analysis in Burkhalter, Janée N. and Natalie T. Wood (Eds.). Maximizing commerce and marketing strategies through micro blogging. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Dann, S. E-Novation Deployment – Creating New “Spaces” and Distribution Using E-Novation, in Pattinson, H and Low, D (2011)) E-Novation for Competitive Advantage in Collaborative Globalization: Technologies for Emerging E-Business Strategies, IGI Global
- Brunner M, Hemsley B, Togher L, Palmer S, Dann S (2014). TwitterMind: Twitter use by people with communication disabilities after traumatic brain injury (TBI). Oral presentation at the University of Newcastle Speech Pathology Research Symposium, 28th Nov 2014: Newcastle NSW, Australia.
- Brunner M, Hemsley B, Togher L, Palmer S, Dann S (2014). TwitterMind: Twitter use by people with communication disabilities after Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). Poster presentation at the University of Newcastle Global eHealth Research and Innovation Showcase 2014, 11 Dec 2014: Newcastle NSW, Australia. *Best PhD poster winner
- Dann, S 2011, “28 Boxes: A Content Classification Framework for Twitter” Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference, Perth, 28-30 November, 2011
- Dann, S 2011, ‘Measuring Social Media: Benchmarking an individual twitter timeline’, Australian Market & Social Research Society (AMSRS) National Conference 2011 Curiouser & Curiouser, Australian Market & Social Research Society (AMSRS), Sydney.
- Dann, S & Dann, S (1998) “Marketing in the New Media in the Not for Profit Sector”, British Academy of Management Conference, Nottingham, 13-16 September
- Dann, S and Forrest, E (1997) “Webnography”, Australia New Zealand Marketing Educators Conference 97, Melbourne (with Ed Forrest)
- Dann, S (1997) “WebTV – Waiting for the Great Click Forwards: A study of New Convergent Media Product Adoption, Australia New Zealand Marketing Educators Conference Doctoral Colloquium, 1997, Melbourne.
- Dann, S (1996) “Media Consumer Benefit I-Valuation: Enhancing the Internet Values and Lifestyles Models with Mass Media Segmentation Theory” STEP96, University of Queensland.
- Dann, S, Previte, J. & Dann, S (1996) “Social marketing in cyberspace: One step forward or two steps back?”, Marketing Educators Group Conference, Academy of Marketing, 1996, Glascow University of Strathclyde (with Susan Dann and Josephine Previte)